Sunday, February 7, 2010

Recipe - Sweet n' Stickey Chicken n' Rib Sauce

I usually buy my BBQ sauce - I figure, if it tastes better in the store, why should I waste my time trying to come up with something better . . . of course, that isn't very fun, is it! I worked on a BBQ Sauce today that I think works very well with Chicken and Ribs. Here it is:

  • 1/2 Cup Ketchup
  • 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup White Honey
  • 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
  • 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
  • 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
  • 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1/2 Tbsp Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
  • 1/2 Tbsp Ground Cumin
  • 1 Tsp Liquid Smoke (Hickory)
  • 1/2 Tsp All Spice
  • 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
Combine all ingredients in a pot over medium-low heat and simmer for 20 mins. Let cool on counter-top and serve as a glaze or dipping sauce.

Enjoy,
Seb

No comments:

Post a Comment