Sunday, January 17, 2010

Up In Smoke - An Introduction

Thanks for coming over to my little corner of the interweb. I setup this blog as a means for people North of the 49th parallel (Canadians) to get introduced to the art of true Barbeque. There are a lot of resources on the web, but most are American and this causes the following problems:
  • Certain ingredients are hard to come by
  • We don't have access to certain brand-name goods
  • The climate we cook in varies GREATLY - and that can have tremendous impact on the length of time it takes you to cook (don't try to do a pork shoulder in 5 hours, as it is often suggested - it'll take 10-15 in Ontario)
Of course, I welcome the thoughts/feedback/support from our friends to the South - without them, there would be no Southern BBQ!

My plan is to create some really good BBQ through trial and error and I will post pictures, instructions and feedback on the results each step of the way. Given that I have 3 small kids and I'm the only one in my house who really eats Pork, it will take me some time to come up with enough recipes to make this site worth of it's name. Until then, please keep checking back and share with my your experiences - we are all in this together!

Happy Smoking,

Seb

No comments:

Post a Comment